1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
A good sturdy wool, Cascade 220 for example, is my favorite, but so long as it is a smooth yarn, that is the most important. I am not a fan of novelty yarns. I like everything from lace weight to bulky.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a Circular Solution for my Circulars, a vase for my (almost never used) straights, and an old candy jar for my dpns
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting for 5 years. I learned when I got fired from a job and my then SO (now DH) and I decided that I could go back to school full-time, so I decided I needed a hobby. I was a scrapbooker, but it is too much work to take all the stuff out and put it back away, so I don’t do it too often. I needed something more portable, so I decided knitting was the way to go. I am advanced. (I guess, I don’t feel I can really say that, but I can knit cables, lace and fair isle. I have won a blue ribbon at the state fair, and I knit “professionally” for Knit Picks.)
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent?
Vanilla and any flower scents.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes, plain milk or dark chocolate is far and away my favorite, but I also like Nerds, SweetTarts, Necco wafers…
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
As soon as my class starts (the lady is currently sick), I will officially be a spinner on a drop spindle. I wanna get a wheel, but that hasn’t happened, yet. Scrapbooker, but I don’t “practice” that hardly ever. Also, genealogy.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (If your buddy wants to make you a CD)
My favorite artist of all time is Luther Vandross, and I like any similar R&B (Peabo Bryson, Lionel Ritchie, Anita Baker, Boyz II Men…) I also like modern country (Keith Urban, Garth Brooks, Reba McEntire, Dixie Chicks…) I am MP3 compatible.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Cobalt Blue is my favorite. Blues other than cobalt are good, too. I like most colors, though. Not a big fan of orange or anything neon.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married with three children (son 11; son 9; baby girl 1). One dog.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Not so much, no.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Pretty much I just like to knit.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Um…fair isle gloves, Ribby Cardi, a couple of pullovers, some socks, …
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circular anything. My favorite are Addi Turbo and Knit Picks Options. I really like Brittany dpn.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I just finally bought a ball winder, not a swift, yet.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I just finished my formerly oldest ufo, so my now oldest is only about 2 years – it is a fair isle vest that I had to rip out and start over again.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Cow Parade and any other cows.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Not really dying for anything. I currenty have subscriptions for Cast-On, Vogue and Interweave.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Socks on two circulars and Magic Loop. I have the books for both, but I am in no real hurry to learn cause I don’t mind dpns. I only want to learn so I can say I know how. I would also like to design stuff on my own, but I don’t have a very good imagination.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes. I wear a size 7½ shoe.
23. When is your birthday?