Monday, November 28, 2005

Good weekend

Of course, anytime a weekend lasts four days, it has to be good, right?

I finished TWO washcloths. One I started Saturday and finished Sunday. I finished the sleeve for the baby item I am making. This is the third thing I started, as I didn't like the first two. I also finished the body, but it needs repairs. It is a pullover that has a hood, and I did a three-needle bind off. Somehow, though, I dropped two of the stitches. So, I have to put in a lifeline and pull it out. Then finish it, again. (If anyone has a tip about picking up stitches and putting them in the bind off, it would be greatly appreciated. I don't really think there is such a thing, though.) I only have left to make the last sleeve, and then assembly. I have two weeks, tomorrow. I also made some headway on Malik's socks. I have finished the leg and heel, and now am in the gusset of the last sock. Maybe by this week I can have two FO! Such a rare occurrence in my world lately. I also saw a real good episode of Knitty Gritty yesterday. Lily Chin was on, and she had lots of little tips. My favorite tip was how to bind off an item that is knit in the round so that you can't tell where the beginning and the end are.

Thursday was good. My aunt found out about the c-section, so I don't have to worry about her, anymore. She didn't freak out, which is good.

Friday was real good. We woke up early and went to the parade that started at 9:00. It was rainy and cold. There is a store downtown (Meier & Frank) that decorates their windows with the 12 days of Christmas. We walked around the block stopping at each window and singing the verse that goes with the window. Then to Starbucks for some hot chocolate. I asked the boys if they wanted to stay, and they said yes. It didn't much last, though. We made it through the hour parade, and quickly went inside. Inside meant a toy store that they had gift certificates from last Christmas. We spent about an hour and a half in there. Then we met my DH for lunch, then to visit my dad (all of this happens downtown - walking distance). Then I went to get my hair cut, then to the library. Then we went to Borders to spend another old gift certificate and we met my DH there after he got off work. By now it is about 4:00. We ate dinner at the mall (still downtown) and then went to watch the Christmas Tree being lit. We were supposed to stay and sing Christmas carols, but it was now just after 6 and we had been there since 9. Plus, my sister wanted the boys to stay the night at her house, so we had to take them out there.

Saturday we did pretty much nothing. Sunday we went to my DH's friend's parents house for dinner. This, of course, means I didn't really have to cook all weekend. Very nice.

I got to work packing my bag for the hospital. I'm not done, but I made some headway.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Saturday sounds like it was quite a day!

Good job on starting to pack the bag. I think you'll feel better once it's done.

A c-section can seem really scary but sometimes they are necessary. Recovery is a little slower but you still have a beautiful baby when it's all done!

I'm with you on not having to cook all weekend. That's my kind of weekend!