First - Malik is doing okay. The surgery was short, as promised. After he got out of recovery, he slept most of the afternoon. Then it took him awhile to actually hold down a conversation. He had to lay flat all day Monday. Before he could be released on Tuesday, he had to walk. That took a little while, but mostly because after lying flat all day Monday, his body didn't really want to cooperate. He now has a couple of prescriptions, but that should be done in a couple of days. We got home about 3 on Tuesday. He will be home all day today, Thurs, Fri and Sat. We might go to church on Sunday - DeAndre' has to go, but one of us could stay home with Malik if he isn't up to it. Next week, Marcus and I have to both work, so he will go to Dad's a couple of days, and Mom's a couple of other days. After that, he should be able to be 100%. The doctor took a picture during surgery using her microscope camera. I am not one for surgery pictures, and this one is okay, however, if you think your stomach won't be able to handle it, I will post it at the very end of this post, so don't look if you don't want to.
Knitting at the hospital wasn't quite as productive as I had hoped. I brought 4 projects. I really wanted to work on Marcus' vest, since I don't get that much time to work on that. I brought the vest and extra yarn in case I got to a point that I needed more. However, I forgot the chart!!! No knitting on that - damn! I brought the baby blanket from Knitty Gritty, but forgot the chart!!! I thought the fact that the hospital has internet would help, but one boy was on the computer for HOURS - they have two, but the other one wouldn't connect for some reason. They don't have printers hooked up to them, so I had to draw the chart by hand. Not fun! I brought the Christmas stocking and the cable band to Kepler, but since I really wanted to work on the vest, I only brought the project and no more yarn. These projects ended up being the only ones I could work on, but in both cases I could only go so far. I finished as much of the Christmas stocking as I could and then wove in all the ends - there were quite a few. I finished the 17" cable band for the back of Kepler, and cast on for the front one, but then had to stop cause I didn't have any more yarn. I worked on the baby blanket a little bit. A lot of knitting, but not quite what I had envisioned.
The camera is at home still unpacked, so I can't take pictures right now. Hopefully, I can do that tomorrow!
The two interviews I had last week - one I didn't get the job, the other, I have a second interview this morning. Good wishes!
I thought there was something else I wanted to post, but... (maybe later)
Here comes the picture, click away if you want. No other content to follow. (I don't know how to make a link so you could click and this wouldn't be on my page at all. For those that know how to do this, let me know, please.)
This picture is HUGELY magnified. The part I put the 'dotted line' on is what they cut. It is fatty tissue that is anchoring the spinal cord down.