Monday, December 12, 2005

Only hours left, now

I will go in tomorrow at 5:30 am. The surgery will start at 7:30. I should be out of surgery by 8:30. I can start having visitors around 10:30 (I think). I will be there until Saturday, unless I feel up to leaving on Friday.

I got NO SLEEP last night. Just trying to remember everything I need to make sure is in order before I am out of the house for a week, and then not 100% for however long that takes me.

I finished all but the blocking on the baby sweater. It is in my diaper bag right now. I am still working on the socks for me, but I am not done with the first one, so I don't anticipate being done by tomorrow morning (oh, well). I will bring them with me. I am almost done with the foot, then I just have the toe and the second sock.

I realize I might get NO knitting done while I am there, but I do believe in Murphy's Law, and if I DON'T bring any knitting, I will be kicking myself. So, I have knitting. I have a hat to start and finish for my dad, a washcloth to finish (it is about 1/4 of the way done), and the sock. I also have two partially completed books to bring with me and a couple of Sudoku puzzles.

I had a very productive weekend. I got the boys' haircut, we got the tree put up and decorated. We got grocery shopping done (I forgot how much I like Winco Foods). Almost all Christmas presents are bought (I have two more to buy today, and one other one I can't decide on) and wrapped (I have some for my DH hiding at my neighbor's house that are not wrapped).

I can't eat or drink after midnight, which isn't bad, except I don't know when I will be allowed food, again. We are going to dinner tonight at Denny's (I love the Grand Slam) so I should be as full as I can be when we leave there. All the bags are packed (one each for the boys, one for the baby and one for me).

I will post, again, when I can. I hope to have lots of pics to show you all.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Congratulations to you and Happy Birthday to the new baby!

I'll be checking back to see how you and the family are doing.

Looks like you got a lot done these last few days.

Wishing you all well!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Can't wait to see you back with some pictures.

Happy thoughts!