Friday, July 22, 2005

I finally got some time...

Boy do I have updates!

I got about 1/2 way done with the third repeat on my Aran, and realized there were a few mistakes that I couldn't ignore. I need someone who doesn't have so much invested in the project to put in a lifeline so I can rip it back some for repairs. I haven't touched it in a couple of days. Therefore, of course, my goal for the front done by Monday is now not gonna happen!

I have been working on the first sock for my FIL Father's Day present. (I know, late, but he won't be too hurt). I need nine inches on the leg according to Ann Budds pattern for size 13 shoes! I am at maybe 6 or 7 right now.

I have discovered that I don't need all patterns to be challenging, I just need to have a couple of different patterns going at once (like I need an excuse). I think my goal is to have one that is a sock or other small something, one is a cable/fair isle/etc, and one stockinette. The variation is good for me.

My local TKGA guild is pushing membership hard. I would really like to join, but if I join, then I am a member for a year, and I don't know if I am going to be able to be an active member in Jan, Feb... with a baby. Plus, the meetings are clear on the other side of town on a weeknight. They say they have speakers, and helpers, and two days a year they go on a tour of all the LYS and have discounts on this day. And retreats, and I don't remember what else. I could meet more real-live knitters. I only know a couple local knitters, and they are mostly bloggers, so don't really know them. You can go (I think) twice to check it out, and there is someone volunteering to drive from my side of town, so I think I will at least go to that one. Of course, the last one was yesterday, so I have to wait a month.

My cousin is getting married in Colorado next weekend, and my dad bought the boys tickets and is taking them, so from Thursday next week until Monday, my DH and I will be alone! I think this is the longest we have been together without them. Then I get an email from a store on the coast that is having a sale that same weekend. Gee, maybe we will go to the coast.

My tummy poked out a bit overnight one night this week. I am still not showing so that perfect strangers on the street see it (and might never), but co-workers are noticing.

Finally, and best of all, my Secret Pal sent me a gift. My camera still isn't up to par, so I can't upload the pic, but I got:

Some notecards,
Some Burts Bees lotions
This book
and this yarn the color is called A Time For Us - first on the color card. That page even has a pattern for a one skein scarf!

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH SECRET PAL!!!!!!!

My mom is funny (not really). Everytime I tell her about this Secret Pal thing she always reacts like "gee, what a bother to have to figure out what to send people and then get it and mail it." After I was gifted this week, I called her and told her what I got, she seemed genuinely impressed. Secret Pal, I just want you to know that it is nearly impossible to impress my mom, but you did it!

I think that's it...

No comments: