Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Motivation...

...I have NONE!

I really have to file at work. I have two files that I have let get out of control. Because they are a mess, I don't wanna work on them. All my other filing is up to date. Just these two.

Since the boss is away until Thursday, I am even less motivated to file. I, instead, have been working on my genealogy. I have, actually, been sucked into a black hole of information. It is very interesting to me, and there is a lot of information online. The Church of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) have a site where there is software you can download information and enter your information into. You can then create all kinds of documents. Family trees, calendars. Lots more. I have found (not from the Mormons) scanned copies of the documents from my paternal grandmother's family. Census from 1910 and 1920, and Ellis Island. So much fun! So distracting from work. This weekend was good. The only thing I got accomplished was I now have all three seasons of Knitty Gritty on tape. I also finished sleeve #1 of Malik's sweater, and finished the ribbing on sleeve 2. I only worked a couple of rows - maybe less than that - on Marcus' vest. While I was taping Knitty Gritty, I found a baby blanket I had to make. This will be the first project I really made modifications on. It is supposed to be 3 hearts across and 3 rows. I am making 4 hearts across and two rows. I am using a worsted weight on size 7 needles. I am doing one row pink, one row white, then one row pink, one row white. I toyed with the idea of intarsia for the hearts, and doing one row pink with white hearts, then the negative in the next row. I decided I didn't want that much yarn "hanging around." I finished half of one repeat. I really like it.

I guess that is all, for now.

OOPS! Almost forgot - goals

baby blanket - finish the repeat I am on and at least start the next one
Malik's sweater - half way through sleeve #2

That's it!

No comments: