Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I am so close to finishing the baby tunic. I finished the hood yesterday. If I had paid attention to the pattern on Thursday, I would have bought a set of size 8 dpns on Thursday when I went to the LYS to get the size 6 and 8 16" circs I needed. However, I didn't, so now I have to wait until I get those in order to continue. I am progressing on this sweater so fast, I probably could have finished at least sleeve #1 yesterday if I had made that purchase. I did a 3-needle bind off on the hood yesterday. I had the stitches on my size 8 16" circ, but didn't have any other size 8 needles to use as the third needle. So, get this, I used a pencil as the third needle and pushed the stitches around on the circular so that half were each on the needle portions of the circ and none were on the wire. Then used the pencil as the third needle. Necessity is the mother of invention.

Since it was Ayanna's six-month bd yesterday, I didn't post any other content. (I did find it interesting that she was born on a Tuesday, and her six month birthday was also on a Tuesday.) However, Monday I went to a meeting of the State Fair Knit a long and brought my spindle. A girl there named Kim (blogless, I believe) showed me how to spin! I would "get it" then it would drop. Then it would take awhile for me to "get it" again, just in time for it to drop again. The tiny amount of roving I got was, apparently, worthless. However, when Larissa read my blog and saw the teeny amount of roving I got, she felt sorry for me and RAOKed me with a big bag of roving she had and decided she wouldn't use! So sweet!!! (I have a picture, but it helps if I could remember to download the pic off the camera.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you can use it! I just can't get the hang of spinning. I may try again some day.......