Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Hair cut

Sorry for being gone for so long. Work has been busy. This is a good thing here because in the six months I have been here, that hasn't happened often.

I got my hair cut yesterday at one of the beauty colleges in town ($5!!!!) I didn't tell very many people I was going to do it until I did it. My DH was not too terribly excited. He wanted it shorter than it was, but I went too far for his taste. He doesn't mind too terribly, though. He is a good husband. My shower was soo quick this morning - it was great. I have had my hair long for four years. I didn't like it at all. Most of the rest of my 32 years was spent with short hair. I like it much more!

Knitting content

I finished my hat and scarf set for myself to protect my now very cold head. I didn't make the scarf very long because I was sick of it. I lost interest for some reason and had to force myself to plug along. It is too short. I can wrap it around my neck twick, but there is no "tails" to speak of. I don't really care. Hell - it is March, I don't think I will be using it for a long time. If I want, I can always frog it a bit and add more length. I have more of the yarn. I just don't like forcing myself to knit something if I am not "feeling it."

I started back on Mariah's sleeve yesterday. I saw a good pic of what it is "supposed" to look like at this blog. I wish I had seen that before I frogged. I would be done with both sleeves by now. Ah, well. Moving on.

Rose is sooo sweet to me. She even refers to me in her title from the other day. I can't wait to get the beautiful blue handspun yarn she is making up for me. I feel sooo special.

There seems to be much presence of the Oscars in blog land, and since I watched, I feel I can add my two cents.

First of all, I don’t usually watch the Oscars. I haven’t usually seen many of the movies that are nominated, and I don’t much care for award shows. It is all a bit of a long and drawn out process for me. The award shows I do like, I would rather tape, so I can fast-forward past the boring parts. However, when I found out that not only was Jamie Foxx nominated, but this was the best year for black people, meaning the number of nominations, I knew I wanted to watch. I am not sure what occurred to the muckety-mucks who decided it all, but there sure was a lot of black people involved in the show. Chris Rock hosting - what?!? - I never would have thunk it! Beyonce sure did get a lot of time in. I would have thought the French song would have been done by Celine Dion. I loved it! It is about time! Morgan Freeman deserved an Oscar a long time ago. I can’t believe he only got his first (and only for supporting actor) the other day. (Well, I can believe it, I just don’t get it.) I loved Jamie Foxx’s acceptance speech. I cried (not that that is amazing).

Oscars done.

Stolen from JenLa

bold the states you've been to, underline the states you've lived in and italicize the state you're in now...
Alabama / Alaska / Arizona / Arkansas / California / Colorado / Connecticut / Delaware / Florida / Georgia / Hawaii / Idaho / Illinois / Indiana / Iowa / Kansas / Kentucky / Louisiana / Maine / Maryland / Massachusetts / Michigan / Minnesota / Mississippi / Missouri / Montana / Nebraska / Nevada / New Hampshire / New Jersey / New Mexico / New York / North Carolina / North Dakota / Ohio / Oklahoma / Oregon / Pennsylvania / Rhode Island / South Carolina / South Dakota / Tennessee / Texas / Utah / Vermont / Virginia / Washington / West Virginia / Wisconsin / Wyoming / Washington D.C /
Go HERE to have a form generate the HTML for you.

I agree, JenLa, there should be one for countries.

No comments: