Monday, March 07, 2005

Monday

Our internet was down at work all day on Friday, so I am behind.

In my chance to catch up this morning, I found a knit along that I am excited about. It is in order to help me with my WIP along. My oldest WIP is really screwed up. It is my blue cardigan, and it is knit top down. I don't know how it happened, but the sleeve start area is all screwed up! Royally! There are not enough stitches there to pick up and make the top of a sleeve. There are a total of 20! I am supposed to decrease until I have 34!!!! However, this knit along is for my sweater! Maybe I can keep in touch with them and figure out how to fix it. The arm hole has live stitches on the top and the bottom (of the hole) needs stitches picked up. So, I am thinking, if I P-U these stitches, and then do a 3-needle bind off, then determine where the armhole should be and steek - I have never steeked anything. I don't know if this is right. First of all, the armhole might already be in the right place. And I would only have to steek there to add additional stitches. The whole rest of the sweater is done! Well, except for buying and adding buttons.

Plus, I found the blog for Secret Pals 5. It starts in May.

I am nearly done with sleeve number 1 on Mariah. I made a lot of progress this weekend. No pics, yet. I am going to work on playing with the scanner to take multiple pics and “tape” them together.

I do find it interesting that all my life I was never able to keep a diary, but not only do I make entries in this “diary” often, I also am quite wordy.

I am soooooo proud!! My best bag ever post enabled so many people. (Read this topic.) The people who wanted it, however, could only find it at my LYS. Which is smaller, and only been open about 2 years (maybe only 1 1/2). But these people who wanted this bag called my LYS, and my LYS received rave reviews about their service and is shipping the bag to all who ask. They are also doing everything they can to get more bags. I am so proud that I was able to get this bag into knitter's hands, and help out my LYS (one of many), and maybe make the company keep making them!

I’ve been tagged by Korin.

1. Do you knit continental or English? I have not yet learned continental, however, if the stars align in my favor, I will learn in April at a LYS (providing the class gets some students. - the last time I signed up for this class, there were not enough students).

2. How long ago did you learn to knit? Just over 3 years ago. I was out of work, and decided I needed a hobby. I wanted something portable, as I have kids, and knew the hobby would need to come with me. I checked out Knitting for Dummies from the library and got some gross needles from Fred Meyers, and some yarn from there, too.

3. First FO? A purse that I have since gotten rid of. It was pretty good for a first project, but I didn’t want to knit (guessing the number, as I don’t remember) 400 stitches across for four rows, so I inverted it and knit four stitches for 400 rows. The end result was the most springy strap. Plus, it was in awful off-white acrylic.

4. Favorite yarn? Probably Lamb’s Pride

5. Favorite pattern? Pasha from Knitty. Probably because of my son’s reaction to it when he opened it on his birthday.

6. Favorite pattern source? Knitty.com…unfortunately, because I am cheap and broke, and Knitty is free. I like Interweave Knits, too.

7. Favorite needles? Addi Turbos

8. Nicest thing you’ve ever knit? My brother’s sweater, even though I hated every minute after the body. It got the most compliments, anyway.

9. Most hated project? My brother’s sweater. I don’t think I will ever again do a sweater that has large stripes on the sleeves. Between counting for the next decrease, and counting for color changes, I was going CRAZY!!!

10. Who are you going to pass this on to? Unfortunately, I am not going to pass this on to anyone, because I know some people don’t like these things, and I don’t want to offend anyone, however, if anyone wants it, they can have it.

1 comment:

Korin said...

I'm free wednesday.. when do you want to meet? :D