Friday, April 29, 2005

Maybe this will make me feel better

So, yesterday was Malik's birthday. And Bring Your Child to Work Day. He loved being here. I made him do the mail, and had him help me (some) with the filing. We went to Macaroni Grill for lunch. I told the waiter that it was his birthday. At the end of our meal, he brought a (maybe) 4 inch square piece of chocolate cake with a candle in it.

Then, DeAndre' had a baseball game. This was not a scheduled game, but rather a REscheduled game. They were rained out on Saturday. Mind you, we live in Oregon, and it rains here. Both boys have had a few rain-outs. None are rescheduled EXCEPT the one that falls on Malik's birthday. So, at 8:?? whenever we left the game, we went home and had some cake and presents. Then we told the boys the good news. Therefore, we didn't get to bed until 10:30. Today I am EXHAUSTED!!!!!!!!! I am usually tired on Fridays, but this is crazy.

PLUS, tomorrow is baseball pictures for both boys and games for both boys. We have to be at the park at 8:00 in the am. Plus, we have the real party for Malik tomorrow night. Which means I have to wake up even earlier, to start the spaghetti sauce. Plus, some last minute house-cleaning. I think I hate baseball season.

Malik liked his teddy bear - yes, I finished it - well, mostly. At the moment, he has no eyes, or a mouth, and no fingers or toes. So, I will finish it up someday. He took it to bed with him last night, so I can't do it now. (darn!)

BTW... The boys didn't say much when we told them, I think it has to sink in a bit.

PS..."make me feel better" is because I am sooo tired, I don't think I can make it another hour at work today. I had hoped this would cheer me up or something - I don't think it worked.

Have a good weekend all! I plan to have a good Sunday, anyway.

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

What is it with moms? We have soooooo much to do. Well, whenever you go to the next REscheduled game, think of me, I'm probably in the car with my knitting, hoping to sneak in a few rows waiting for martial arts or guitar. I am so excited that you are pregnant. Are you going to find out the gender?