Thursday, August 11, 2005

Continental

I had a class at Yarn Garden last night. It was a one-time, two-hour class about Continental knitting. I already know how to Knit from the Fair Isle class earlier this year. I had to learn purling. It wasn't the easiest thing I have learned. I was a bit frustrated. I did feel confortable with my knitting, though, so when she was discussing ribbing and fair isle, I just worked on my purling. I'm still not very good AT ALL!! I am not discouraged, I know I will get it. I just want to do it backwards all the time. However, backwards creates a twisted stitch. I can fix twisted stitches, but I don't want to have to. Anyway, I will keep plugging away on it until I feel more comfortable.

I got notifications yesterday about upcoming events: Yarn Swap, Knit at the Movies Nite and Yarn Shop Hop. The first two are in August and the third one is in October (email me at jenknitter AT gmail DOT com if you would like further info).

Aran update - I am done with 3 1/2 out of 5 repeats of the front. This means I only have to do 1 1/2 repeats before I do whatever neck shaping needs to be done. Hopefully, I can have that done by Monday.

The other evening there was a girl on the bus who was knitting. I only rarely see knitters on the bus, and usually when I do, I am either too uncomfortable to go up to a complete stranger and start talking about her knitting, or I don't see her until one of us is getting off the bus. However, I saw this girl as soon as I got on, and I even got to sit next to her. She is working on a scarf/shawl for her wedding coming up the middle of next month. The yarn looked like a kid silk haze (from what I have seen of that kind/brand of yarn). She was using needles that were large enough to get a lacy material. However, she was just doing a seed stitch pattern. I realized at one point that her project had no yarn-overs in it, it was just the nature of the yarn with those needles. I asked her if there were any yarn-overs in it, and she looked at me and (it was so cute) said "Yarn-overs?"

I have been scrapbooking, again. I bought a bunch of stuff from QVC a long time ago. I am making a book for the baby. Right now, since I have no pictures, of course, each page is just a beginning. However, there is one 12 x 12 layout for each of the months of the year starting in December (I can change this if the baby comes early or late). It was nice to get something done. I'm gonna go to a local scrapbook store this weekend to buy some more pages. I want some pages to put footprints and date, time, weight, and noteable events: first step, first tooth, that kind of stuff.

I guess that is all for now. The boss is gone until August 22. He will be calling a lot, but YEAH!!!

THIS JUST IN: check this out!!!

No comments: