Tuesday, August 23, 2005

um...

Sleeves. Well, I decided. I don't like to do both cable sleeves at the same time. I tried, I really did. I didn't mind the small cable that is mixed in with the ribbing for the first 3". But the more intense cable wasn't fun to do two at the same time. I will try again for the next sleeve I make that is stockinette stitch. I got done with the first 3" of both sleeves and am working on the fourth repeat on the first sleeve. It goes fairly fast.

We watched Herbie Fully Loaded Sunday evening. We went to the $3 show. It is a very cute movie. I know NOTHING about NASCAR, and it would have helped, but it was not important. If you get the chance, you should watch it. I started to cry two times.

The Yarn Swap was this weekend. I got rid of some things. More importantly, I got some things. I got I don't know how much Dale yarn in two colors plus one each of two other colors. Now, I just need a pattern. I got some Sirdar yarn? and a pattern for the yarn. It is self striping and makes cute baby things. I got two balls of Homespun. I haven't ever used Homespun, but free was too good a deal to pass up. I got a magazine. Unfortunately, I can't remember the brand at the moment. I got some size 7 metal dpn. I think there is more, but that was Saturday, and today is Tuesday. I am at work and I am tired. I will try to get some pics up soon.

I love my husband. We were watching someone's Biography, and her husband said that she was "giving and selfless." My husband said "that's what you are. I was trying to describe you to someone, and I couldn't think of the words. That's what you are - giving and selfless." Of course he didn't think he was being sweet, he was just happy he had found those words. I cried a bit.

Baby - Part of me doesn't want to have a girl. I am comfortable with boys, a girl will have my DH WRAPPED around her finger in a matter of minutes. I am scared of his capability to discipline her. There is no way I would want to be my oldest son's younger sister! Fashion these days... A couple of day's ago, I read this post, and it gave me hope. I really want an Ayanna (the chosen girls name) because I have been in love with this name since I was pregnant with DeAndre' 7 years ago.

3 comments:

WandaWoman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
WandaWoman said...

That was really a sweet thing for your hubby to say. He sounds like a great guy!

Little girls do wrap their daddies around their finger. It happens, so be prepared if it's girl. I take it you don't know what you're having yet?

Anonymous said...

Jen, that's MY blog you linked to! I wrote about my daughter because it was special to me. I'm delighted that it meant something to someone else too. Bottom line is boys, girls, who cares? We love them to bits, they break our hearts sometimes, they grow up and we still worry about them. Usually the joys far outweigh the sorrows. Good luck with your Ayannah...or whoever he/she turns out to be.