Friday, January 28, 2005

One down...

Trying something new. Instead of everytime I think of it, posting. I am everytime I think of it clicking "Save as Draft" then post at the end of the day. My fear with this procedure is that I will forget to Publish and will have to do it the next day.

I FINISHED SOCK NUMBER ONE LAST NIGHT!!!!!
There are some mistakes in it, but I didn't want to rip out, and no one but me (and possibly other knitters) knows they are there. I will do better on its mate. The fit isn't great - read: it fits, but it isn't quite long enough, and it is not too grippy (is that a word?). I will get some nylon thread and help it out on top. Started the second one this morning on the MAX. I'm not crazy about the fit of it, but I am sooo proud that I DID IT!!!! It is Encore worsted, and I think I can only wear it on St. Patty's day - not really, but that is a lot of green! I just grabbed something out of the stash. (So proud that I didn't spend money!)

I was working on it at my SIL's house last night and my BIL (SIL and DH's brother) asked me if I would make him one. He asked right, so he will get one. He told me he doesn't care when he gets it - next Christmas is fine, and he would pay me. Now I need to know how make a thick sock that he can wear during his construction jobs but will fit in his shoes. I also need to know - how do I make the right size? do I just ask him what size shoe he wears, or do I ask him to measure his foot? Or are there generic sizes? Any recommendations on yarn/needle size?

This weekend I will start the sleeves on Mariah. Hopefully, I can get somewhere without the assistance of my beloved Savannahchik.


Final Sock Posted by Hello

I always knew I loved my husband, but he really is the greatest. It took him awhile to come around to my knitting, but now he is sooo proud of my work, and notices how much (for instance) I enjoyed doing my sock. I also know, after yesterday with the BIL, that he will be the biggest defender of my skills and time. He is a keeper!

COMPLAINT

We have a newspaper in Portland. It is called the Portland Tribune. It comes out on Tuesdays and Fridays. It is free. There are boxes everywhere for it. I work downtown. (The regular, daily large paper is the Oregonian.) The Tribune has a new (or not so new) thing it does. It sends people out with a ton of papers on Tuesdays and Fridays to walk around downtown. These people practically run you down to take one of the papers. They are worse than any pan handler I have ever seen. Now, the paper has been around for a couple of years - maybe 3 or 4 - it has always been Tuesday and Friday and it has always been free. And, like I said, the boxes are everywhere. Don't you think that if someone wanted a copy, they would get one, and know where to get one? Do we really need these people mobbing me to take something I don't even want in the first place. Or, they could at least get rid of the boxes. Or put them in places not serviced by these jumpy people, so you could get one somewhere else). I wanna scream LEAVE ME ALONE - I WILL GET ONE IF I WANT ONE - AND I DON'T

thanks - vent over

I love cows. I don’t know why, I just do. Love to eat a good burger. I am not a vegetarian. Just love cows - only the black and white ones. Which is why I am appalled at: this. (The kind of appalled where you die laughing, not the kind where you write to someone.) I was browsing through JenLa's blog and found it.

No comments: