Thursday, January 27, 2005

Secret Pal info

Well, I got my secret pal, and apparently someone got me. They asked for my questionnaire info, which I was just waiting to post, so here goes:

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- and/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I am a yarn snob, but my checkbook is not a snob.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I don’t care much for crochet. I would like to learn to spin, but don’t want to lose any knitting time

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Nope, none.

4. How long have you been knitting?
Three years, but only one have I been addicted.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Amazon.com and Knitpicks.com

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Nothing that smells like food - vanilla is good or flowers

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Yes, chocolate - I am a chocolate purist - no nugat, nuts, caramel, etc. Also, I like dum dums, sweetarts, starburst

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Scrapbook, when I make the time - not often, at all

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Luther Vandross is my favorite artist. R&B (not rap) is my favorite genre, country is a distant second.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
Blue

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Two boys, aged 8 and 6 and a husband and a black lab

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
to knit all hours all days, if I feel like it, or taking a break when I want.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Wool. Not crazy about novelty yarns

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Novelty yarns *not*

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
cables

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Not sure

17. What are you knitting right now?
Mariah, striped pullover, teddy bear, um….

18. What do you think about ponchos?
I would like one, but I don’t want to spend the time to make something that is going to be out of style by the time I finish it

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
That’s easy - circular! HATE straight

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Addi’s, unless the yarn doesn’t work with it

21. Are you a sock knitter?
I am attempting to be one, haven’t got past the heel, yet

22. How did you learn to knit?
Knitting for Dummies

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
I think it is about 2 and a half years old. I would finish it if it wasn’t for me and/or had a deadline

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Mickey Mouse, without a doubt

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Besides Mickey - Cow Parade and all things cows - however, the only cows that count are the black and white ones.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Vogue Knitting and Interweave Knits

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
With a new baby on the way, some pattern books for babies.

No comments: